We can all use a better night's rest, right? So, let's talk about ways to enhance your quality of sleep.
Here are some tips to keep in mind:
1. Stick to a sleep schedule of the same bedtime and wake up time, even on the weekends.
2. Practice a relaxing bedtime ritual. Try reading, taking a hot bath, listening to classical music or yoga to help put your mind at ease. Absolutely no electronics!
3. If you have trouble sleeping, avoid naps, especially in the afternoon.
4. Exercise daily. Instead of feeling restless at night, you'll wake up feeling refreshed and well rested.
5. Keep your room free of any light and noise, and keep your room cool – between 60 and 67 degrees.
6. Sleep on a comfortable mattress and pillows. Use a cervical support pillow, and make sure your mattress is supportive.
If you continue to struggle with sleeping comfortably through the night, it may be the result of a sleeping disorder. Sleep disorders—such as insomnia, sleepwalking, night terrors, and sleep Apnea—can negatively impact your quality of sleep, and ultimately your quality of life. Our specialists in our 7 valley-wide locations recommend chiropractic care, nutrition counseling, and physical therapy along with cognitive therapy by a sleep specialist. Let's help you get back to optimal health today!
Special shout out to our patient & November 2017 Giveaway Winner Matylda! Thank you for your helpful sleep secrets!