Happy February everyone!
It's the "Month of Love," and while it's fun to show appreciation to our loved ones (especially around Valentine's Day), we want to make sure you are taking care of yourself too. We know it's easy to get wrapped in our busy lives with work, family, and other commitments that we forget to care for ourselves sometimes--okay, most of the time.
Practicing self-care is so important for our physical, emotional, and mental well-being. Taking the time to focus on ourselves ultimately helps us to have a healthy work-life balance, aid in stress management, lead to better physical health, and not get burnt by life in general.
So here are eight small, simple self-care habits that anyone can get into:
1. Take a break when you need it.
2. Learn to say "No."
3. Go for a run or a light jog.
4. Meditate or do deep breathing for five minutes daily.
5. Sit up straight. Posture is crucial to overall body care.
6. Drink some water first thing in the a.m. to hydrate yourself after a night's sleep.
7. Get some quality shut-eye every night.
8. Detox from technology for 30 minutes a day.
Just spending a few minutes a day focusing on ourselves will make quite a difference in how we feel and function overall. While it may seem daunting to add another thing to your plate, we encourage you to pick one of these simple habits to incorporate into your daily routine to help alleviate stress and decompress.